Monday, July 10, 2017

Jitters

I was asked by a friend today how my emotions are now that we are less than a week from flying to Bulgaria. Well, I am beginning to fret a bit I think. I am not really a fretter. Justin is, and he has been fretting for months! But today I packed their bags. Today I organized Miriam's schedule for 2.5 weeks, I put a hold on USPS mail for two weeks, I got rid of stuff, which seems to be my way of dealing with stress. My mind is having a hard time settling down. I could not even read a book this evening because I could not concentrate.  So yes, I am feeling the jitters.

We have been told the kids are "very anxious to get the travel agendas." This is good news. They are excited to become Americans! When we talked with the youngest over skype this weekend there were many kids she was with and she did not want to talk but to play. We thought perhaps it was a going away party. Her foster mother called her "My little American." So cute. Most Bulgarians love America.

It is funny how I already love them all individually. Even without physical contact, a place for each child has been well carved inside this momma's heart.

These photos are all from January and some from Facebook from their foster families pages. Here are the children.

Penka

Petra

Ivan

Donka





No comments:

Post a Comment