Friday, December 30, 2016

Notre Dame

Notre Dame. I have acquired a love affair with this ancient building. Never have I stepped in a building more beautiful than this building. We attended a Gregorian Chants concert late Thursday night after a busy day touring Paris. The chants were angelic voices that radiated off the crevices and arches. I could barely see the singers from where I sat, but it did not matter. The beauty of the building was intriguing and mesmerizing. My senses were fully occupied. Listening to the singers and smelling the fragrance of frankincense, my mind wandered to the day Jews and Gentiles together will worship our Lord Jesus in his holy temple in Jerusalem. I long for that day, sometimes to the point of tears, the day we will all have a home and sing with one voice together in fullness of peace.












No comments:

Post a Comment